WHCC Sales Tax 101
U.S. Sales Tax
We currently have sales tax nexus in many states. When we ship anywhere within a state we have nexus, we are required to collect sales tax.
The shipping address is what matters.
If your studio is located outside one of these states, but you want to drop ship it to a client within the taxed region, sales tax will be collected.
All of these states define the taxable point of the transaction for orders shipped by a parcel carrier be the location the carrier delivers the order. We will calculate the required sales tax for the specific ship to address on each order submitted.
Step 1. Download + Complete
Pick the appropriate certificate(s) below.
- Alabama Exemption Certificate (U-MJ)
- Arizona Exemption Certificate (5000)
- California Resale Certificate (BOE-230)
- Colorado Exemption Certificate (DR 0563)
- Connecticut Resell Certificate (CT)
- Florida Annual Resale Certificate (DR-13)
- Georgia Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Idaho Exemption Certificate (ST-101)
- Illinois Certificate of Resale (CRT-61)
- Indiana Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Iowa Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Kansas Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Kentucky Certificate of Resale (51A105)
- Louisiana Department of Revenue
- Maryland Resale Certificate
- Massachusetts Resale Certificate (ST-4)
- Michigan Certificate of Exemption (3372)
- Minnesota Certificate of Exemption (ST3)
- Missouri Exemption Certificate (149)
- New Jersey Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- New York Resale Certificate (ST-120)
- North Carolina Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Ohio Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Oklahoma Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Pennsylvania Exemption Certificate (1220)
- South Carolina Resale Certificate (ST-8A)
- Tennessee Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Texas Resale Certificate (01-339)
- Utah Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Washington Certificate of Exemption (SST)
- Wisconsin Resale Certificate (S-211)
- Virginia Certificate of Exemption (ST-10)
Step 2. Sign + Send
Pick any option below to submit your certificate.
- Scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax "WHCC Resale Certificate" to: 1-866-235-7847
- Mail it to:
WHCC Resale Certificate
2840 Lone Oak Parkway
Eagan, MN 55121
All shipments to the Canadian provinces are done with WHCC as the importer of the product. This means we must collect GST or HST on your invoice based on the value of the products ordered. The exact GST or HST amount will vary depending on the province the products are being shipped to. Shipments will be delivered to the recipient with no taxes or fees due on delivery. For all the details on having WHCC products shipped to Canada, visit our Shipping Options page.
TBD Sales Tax
When your confirmation email says "TBD" for sales tax, this means we have not been able to validate your shipping address. We will be in touch with you if we need further validation.
Learn more about our Canadian Shipping options.Learn More